We are proud to announce that we are the first Platinum rated 3 star hotel in India classified by the Indian Green Building Council. In the effort to earn the Platinum status, we made sure that the hotel would never be a burden on Mother Earth and her recourses. We installed a 74KW solar terrace top array making JIP the first hotel in India to do so. We added an STP so as never to send human, kitchen and chemical waste into the gutters and streams. To follow through on environmental responsibility a rain harvesting system was installed. Double glaze windows, LED lightings, motion sensors and a bio gas plant are all proudly part of our DNA. We are proud to see 27 varieties of fruits, an entire organic vegetable farm and countless flowering and non flowering trees. We also closely work with local farmers and women self-help groups to help the local economy and increase the organic food print of our menu.
Finally and never to be forgotten is the family of employees that we have created from the local area and those that have travelled far to be part of our Green vision. They are the ones that carry the Green message through the Phaltan society by engaging the city in Swatch Bharat campaigns, Green-a-thons and adopting schools to conduct classes that align with the Green message.
We invite you all to come and experience our ‘Green Thumb’ service and relax in your temporary residence, there is so much more to discover.
Our Conservation Initiatives:
Renewable Energy: We have recently installed a 350 KW Solar Plant that generates 1400 units per day bringing down our electricity costs by 30%.
Water Conservation: The hotel is equipped with a Sewage Treatment Plant that recycles waste water, reused for landscaping & flushing reducing a significant level of water consumption.
Energy Efficiency: Implementing a HVAC system through effective shading, cooling, energy efficient and ecofriendly chillers (non CFC gas), lighting and smart building automation. The VRV air-conditioning for temperature control, reduces electricity usage. Variable frequency drives installed save power consumption during off peak load hours. 90 % of the space is naturally lit, reducing the need for artificial lighting.
Environment Friendly Construction: 80% of the building material has been sourced locally using recycled materials reducing the environmental impact of transportation. The building has an energy-efficient envelope including hollow blocks in the external walls, window-wall ratio limited to 28%, double glazed glass units & mosaic roof coating that helps reduce surface temperatures.
Zero Waste Initiative: Waste is segregated before disposal or reuse. Non-toxic and non-carcinogenic green seal certified chemicals are used for regular Housekeeping/Laundry.
Reduce Use of Plastic: In our endeavor to make all Jakson Hotels plastic free, at Jakson Inns we have reduced plastic items to zero. We have eliminated mineral water bottles from rooms & now provide purified drinking water. Bottled water is availble as a sale item & guests are encouraged to avoid its use.
Organic Vegetable Garden: Hotel has organic farm for growing vegetables. Most herbs grown are used in preparation of guest meals.
We have separate waste storage area for disposing off unused chemicals and their containers.
Fuel and Energy Conservation: We provide employees a shuttle service to reduce the use of personal vehicles. This in turn helps in reducing air pollution.
We do not welcome guest with flowers bouquets. Instead we welcome VIPguest with small plants in pots made of coconut husk.
Energy Conservation Measures:
Water Conservation Measures:
- We are using recycled water treated through 45 Kld STP to develop green at surroundings. Water treatment plant is used for irrigation and flushing and thus by recycling we ensure zero water discharge from the site and reducing the pressure on our resources.
- Encourage Hotel Guests to “Plant A Tree” in the hotel gardens.
- Guests are taken around the Hotel and explained green initiatives and best practices.
- Tent cards reading “Save electricity & water” are placed in guest rooms.
- All the best practices posters are made in Public Area Lobby – Practically shown and explained to in-house guests.
- We have installed Rain Harvesting system from surface and terrace area to maximize ground water table at surrounding.
- Installed Tap Aerators, low flow shower heads to minimize water wastage.
Waste Minimization & Waste Management Measure:
- Provide newspapers to guests on request only
- Use refillable soap & shampoo dispenser’s in all guest bathrooms/staff and guest cloak rooms.
- Set printers and copiers to duplex printing by default.
- Eliminate the use of polystyrene (Styrofoam) and plastic food service containers.
- Reduce the purchasing of excess materials.
- Use old or discarded office paper for notepads or packing material.
- Using newspaper for wrapping guest laundry.
- REUSE & RECYCLE policy is part of the training program.
- We collect left over water from guest glasses & bottles into a drum and use it for watering plants daily.
Indian Green Building Council
Best Green Hotel of the Year 2018
India Hotelier Awards 2018
Jakson Inns achieves 80% reduction in electricity costs with rooftop solar.
Read Case Study
Employees Contribution Towards Green Initiatives:
Our main motive is to plant more and more Trees around the Jakson Inns. So we all have fresh and clear air to breath.
Go Green Go Cycling- Pollution Control Awareness Drive:
We had this drive to spread awareness in the society on “Saving natural resources that are contributing to Global Warming”.
Green Building Week:
Kids from BhausahebDaitankar school and from BHAWANA –our day care center participated in poster competition which highlighted messages on “Save Nature”.
Embracing a fitter and cleaner lifestyle, Walkathon was organized to raise ones voice in creating a cleaner city to live , be fit, healthy and happy.
Art from Waste:
Competitions are organized to convert waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan:
Cleaning drives around Phaltan are organised to educate locals on “Importance of Hygiene and cleaning”.
Teaching at School:
Have adopted a residential school & are constantly educating them on environment friendly practices through our Executives.